Well almost a week. I arrived in my new home on Monday. Already I have walked sooooooo many miles to and from work and spent the evenings exploring possible areas to settle, have greatly enjoyed the autumn sunshine, eaten a rose-shaped ice cream and listened to a band play beside the basilica, and begun to get used to being in a place where everything beside a few high street shops is unfamiliar.
Life is officially an adventure and learning experience from hereon in.
What have I learned so far?
1) In Budapest, always look up. There is so much cool architecture and design here and if you don’t look up you are guaranteed to miss a gem, like in the photo above. I saw this while waiting to cross the street on the way to work. The photo doesn't really do justice to those paintings.
2) English is not as widely spoken as you think it would be. I will have to rapidly learn some basic Hungarian to avoid any more awkward charades-meets-Marcel-Marceau moments.
3) C&A is my new favourite shop. In the UK we lost it around the 90s but here it lives on in splendid fashion!
4) I am possibly in the best place for Halloween. There is a pumpkin festival. Yes, really!
5) The way the morning light hits the Basilica is magical.
6) Eating lunch on the bank of the Danube is magical.
7) Living in Budapest may well be magical.
Post a Comment